Thursday, August 7, 2008

Low Motion Disco - Frantic Low Moment


This is the last one for today as it'll probably take you a while to work through the others that I have posted during this frenzy. This record absolutely compliments everything else that I have put up tonight and is from an album that you can file right next to your Quiet Village album quite easily, the impeccable Keep It Slow. This is a record that didn't grab me immediately but since then after numerous repeat listens I have been all over this like jam on toast. I have no idea who they are, and I'm assuming that they're Belgian but that's just a guess, but if they continue to put out music as incredible as this then I'm pretty much guaranteed to buy their albums for years to come. There is something incredibly psychedelic (which seems to be the theme for the evening) about this cut and the drums in particular are programmed expertly - not too much, just enough - to drive the track through its initial stages into the part where the other big elements come in. It is a masterclass in arrangement and a record that I truly do love and one that if played at the right time on the right dancefloor could lead to a real moment. BUY THE ALBUM, IT IS ACE!! There I said it.

Low Motion Disco - Frantic Low Moment

No comments: