Thursday, August 7, 2008

Beyond The Wizards Sleeve - Words


Beyond The Wizards Sleeve consist of Richard Norris who was in The Grid and Psychic TV and Erol Alkan who is absolutely massive on the Trash-inspired scene and who I must admit I went to go and listen to one night at Bugged Out! more out of curiosity than anything else and he played loads of techno, house and absolutely ace psychedelic stuff mixed to absolute perfection and he made me go a bit mental on the dancefloor with a few angular-haired students who made me their pet project for the night introducing me to all and sundry. My only regret that night is that I could've got a free haircut out of my new mates...oh well.

This has to be an edit of something but just what I don't know. This was included on their Spring EP that cost the better side of $20 to acquire and it is probably the best thing that they have ever done. I don't know about you but I find it absolutely euphoric and they've worked the chorus/refrain absolutely expertly and I can guarantee that you'll be singing it for the rest of the day. This is just the sort of record that I love to hear in and amongst an abrasive techno set that would make the entire place have a much needed collective wobble. I could definitely see someone like Weatherall incorporating it to devastating effect. What a record.

Beyond The Wizards Sleeve - Words

p.s. According to the Profanisaurus a 'Wizard's Sleeve' is 'a well-swept skin chimney'. Take that one down to the pub.

No comments: