Monday, March 31, 2008

One Hundred Project : Danny Webb


What is on your stereo at the moment?

Erykah Badu LP, Notorious Hi Fi Killers, Nick Cave, I'm Not There OST, Doo Wop Delights, Valet and Luminaries.

3 records that changed your life.

Blondie - Heart Of Glass, the first record I bought.
Genaside II - Nara Mine, first proper E experience.
Guilty - Streisand / Gibb, massive favourite of my mum and me and a soundtrack to early life in the Webb household.

What are you looking forward to?

Finishing work, getting back in the studio, a pint or two and finally finding a nice room for my records again.

What couldn’t you live without? Why?

Insulin is pretty up there, I am Diabetic. Friends, life would also be rubbish without weed or music and alcohol.

Most memorable gig?

Dead Meadow Green Man 07. THE most drugfucked, intense concert I have been to, opened the lid of my head, shat inside it and closed the top, that band can play.

Who/what are your influences?

Streisand, Commodores, Beatles, Talking Heads / David Byrne. But mostly I would say my influences come from the very close network of musical fanatics that turn me onto amazing records on a daily basis.

What is the best and worst thing about the city that you live in?

Best thing is that it's where I grew up, I know it inside out, am totally comfortable here, and I actually love the dour greyness of manchester, in particular the Autumn time.
Worst thing is it's constant musical regression, perpetuated by money grabbing student nights and promoters who have no other idea than late 80's early 90's manchester.

Given the accelerated pace of modern culture, what are we due a revival in?

I think all this street gymnastics that the kids are doing will mutate into one massive city wide game of Ralivo.

Hero? Why?

Don't do heroes, My mum is a fucking trooper though, love her dearly, she comes closest.

Is there anything else that you feel that we should know?

Well, I killed a duck once and left it's 12 chicks without a mother. I'm still paying mentally.



Danny started DJing in 1992 at The City Road Inn and then went on to promote a night called Kudos at Manchester Underground before moving onto Faded Alien at 10 Bar and occasionally he still resurrects Music Is Better and the ridiculously good Friends Of Music nights. Currently he is one of the bods behind El Diablos Social Club and after starting work at Piccadilly in 2003 he has been firmly entrusted with buying and sourcing the records that you spend your hard-earned on week in and week out.

Danny Webb - Stoned Alone at the Monday Club

TRACKLISTING

Sorry, no tracklisting.

Download the mix here. (Mix is hosted on Deepsoul3, check their site out for more mixes from the balearic guard.)

1 comment:

Kev said...

Danny Webb is the greatest DJ that can be found in the city of Manchester, and possibly throughout the UK.

THIS IS A FACT.

If you asked me who is my hero, it could well be him ...