Saturday, August 2, 2008

Joakim - Lonely Hearts


Joakim Bouaziz is a Parisian techno producer who isn't afraid to dip his toes in other genres and does so impeccably with everything from balearica to disco covered. Under his Jimi Bazzouka monker he released that Wings edit last year that everyone played and when I say everyone I mean EVERYONE! Recently he's been working with his band The Ectoplasmics and delivering his unique and compelling take on indie-dance music that he hinted at on his brilliant album Monsters & Silly Songs which if you haven't bought already you really should. This track Lonely Hearts was one of my favourite records of 2007 and I must have played it every week for six months both in haunts in the UK and on the radioshow. It has one of those catchy hooks that you catch yourself singing constantly for days. I love this record and I hope that you do as well.

Joakim - Lonely Hearts

No comments: