Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Logo

This is a logo that I am designing for a company called Sustainable Desert Corporation. What they do is help companies, communities, government organizations and the like to implement green initiatives into their businesses. One of the guys who won the Nobel Prize with Al Gore last year is a mentor for the project, so they're on the right track for big things.

What they wanted for the logo was the Bighorn, which are found in Southern California and something that makes it stand out as being a green company. I had to draw the Bighorn and then scan it in and do some adjustments and I came up with the idea of having wind turbines on a silhouette of the mountains that are in the region. I haven't fixed the kerning on the type as yet but I'm quite pleased at how it is turning out. I'm also working on the placement as well but the end is in sight.



- I'm not sure why it is not quite dark black when I upload it to here but you get the gist of it.

No comments: