Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - How Long Do I Have To Wait For You (Ticklah remix)


This past Friday, I had the pleasure of seeing Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings in San Diego and they were absolutely firing. Sharon is a master frontwoman who had no qualms calling up people from the crowd to dance with her all while showing off her impeccable timing and unbelievable charisma that had the entire mob who showed up well and truly eating out of the palms of her hands. They sang just about every tune that I wanted to hear off their three incredible albums all in just a shade under two hours and there wasn't one moment where I thought about ducking off to the bar or having a chat with my nearest and dearest. Easily one of the top ten shows I have ever seen in my life (which I have learned is a very American thing to do, walk out of a show and declare it in your "top ten ever", so fuck it, when in Rome). This remix by Ticklah who used to be in The Dap Kings but now front Antibalas is an absolutely gorgeous slice of soulful reggae that has had me dancing around my front room on many a morning before work. Definitely a label and a band that can do no wrong in my book and one that if you haven't invested in then buy all their albums, you won't be sorry.



Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - How Long Do I Have To Wait For You (Ticklah remix)

No comments: