Thursday, January 29, 2009

John Martyn RIP

I was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Scottish music legend John Martyn this morning. I have written about his epic track Don't Want To Know off the essential Solid Air on this blog previously here and truly words can't do justice to the big man who always thought that the music was way more important than the adulation or the fame, which is incredibly rare in the current music climate where people seem only content on getting famous and not taking the time to think of the longevity of what they are putting out - it is always a shame when people dilute the message. John's theme was life and all the ups and downs that go along with it and he did it in a way that made you think. I always play John when the mood calls for something serene.

I was introduced to this clip by Kelvin Brown a few years back and is what started me off on the road to enlightenment about our hero and is something that I've watched on plenty of occasions and seems appropriate for today.



RIP.

No comments: