Thursday, January 29, 2009

Black Devil Disco Club - Never No Dollars


Now this piece of Italo-inspired goodness may not be to everyone's tastes but lately I have been playing this one mega-loud at 5pm when I get home from work and trying unsuccessfully to get my cats to throw some shapes with me as I make a vague attempt at turning my front room into a frankly rubbish recreation of Typhoon. Now this isn't even the sort of record that Bepe Loda would've played but it is definitely late-night heads down tackle that deserves Saturday night plays, so get on it if you haven't already. The guys behind the record Bernard Fevre and Jacky Giordano made this pretty much from scratch playing all the parts or so legend goes. I heard a rumour that the whole obscure found in a vault story is nothing more than their label trying to create legend in a bid to shift units but at the end of the day who cares really as long as the music is as good as this. Play it loud and drown in the synths.

Black Devil Disco Club - Never No Dollars

No comments: