Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fabulous Souls - Take Me


This record was unearthed by Egon for his Now Again imprint a few years ago during his Mid-West funk digging phase (last I checked he is busy mining Korean and Turkish funk) and pretty much all I know about this superb energetic slice of get up is that they released two versions, one done in their native Indianapolis and one in Los Angeles which was the norm for touring bands eager to put their tracks out wherever they went. I can't help but wonder how many closets and storage vaults have masters to other touring bands letting off some steam at some pitstop on the way to the next dance. Actually Egon probably knows the answer to that and I'll ask him when he comes up here in February. Records like this reaffirm why I love music so much.

Fabulous Souls - Take Me

No comments: