Thursday, May 1, 2008

Poni Hoax - Antibodies - Chateau Flight remix


I absolutely love this record - proper late-night big room tackle that I can imagine everyone from the Unabombers to Luciano playing. For my money this is probably the best thing that DJ Gilb'r and I:Cube have done next to Baltringue and Baroque all of which are essential in my book. I think I've only listened to the original once even though it was produced by one of my favourites Joakim but the grooves on the Chateau Flight remix are practically worn off from extensive play. It's all about the piano-line and driving bass that make for a great house record that has more than enough disco to put a smile on even the most po-faced of punters. It takes nearly four minutes for the bass to kick in after what is an incredibly well-produced and dramatic intro and when it does it will blow the roof off wherever it is played. Superb record.


Poni Hoax - Antibodies - Chateau Flight remix

No comments: