Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ju-Par Universal Orchestra - Funky Music


This is quite simply the funk record! I first heard it when Richard Sen from Padded Cell stuck it on his Beatsinspace mix a while back and the moment I heard it kick in I knew that I simply had to have it, and everywhere that I played it during my time in the UK I was guaranteed to have someone come charging over asking, and in some cases demanding, what it the name of it was. You can play Funky Music absolutely anywhere and it will go off, this is my get out of jail record and even though I have a lot of those in my bag when I play out, this is the one that I go for first each and every time. The whole record is bad-ass and apparently has had a lot of influence over a wide-range of dance music producers judging by how many producers pay homage to it in their grooves and it is easy to see why with its killer combo of keys, horns and drums augmented by heartfelt strings and wonderful choruses. This is a record that every record collection needs and in the weeks to come I'll probably end up sticking up the rest of the album. This shit is banging!

Ju-Par Universal Orchestra - Funky Music

No comments: