Friday, April 25, 2008

Heavy Sampling 2

I'm outnerding myself tonight on the spotting samples front. Normally I am utter rubbish as I remember all my tunes by the colour of the record sleeves and not by the names of the records themselves, which is a bit odd. I'm more likely to describe a record's cover to you in a nightclub if you ask me what the name of a track is than be able to tell you who produced it and what it is called but tonight something has obviously come over me as I've not only remembered both the names of the tracks but also the sleeve designs, I'll take double nerd points thank you.

Anyway the sadly departed Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes' The Block Party, which is a party tune and then some, samples a very small bit of the drums before the break on the Earth, Wind and Fire's immaculate Drum Song, which as I'm sure you'll agree is quite a clever piece of sampling by whoever produced the track for mad Lisa. Both records are great and deserve a neighbour-awakening blast over your system. Go on.


Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes - The Block Party


Eart, Wind & Fire - Drum Song

No comments: