Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Animal Collective - Peacebone - Pantha Du Prince remix


Animal Collective are a group of friends from Baltimore, MD who are currently taking their experimental take on rock music to new levels from their New York bunker. They count Panda Bear amongst their members who released the spell-binding Person Pitch, which sounds like the best collaborative album that Brian Eno, Kevin Shiells and Brian Wilson never recorded. It is an album that works as a whole much in the way that Lucky Pierre's Hypnogogia does. It is one of those records where individual tracks don't make as much sense as the album as a whole. I can't really fault it in all truth. Animal Collective make some of the most interesting music around and if you haven't already fallen for their many charms then I'd suggest you seek their work out.

Anyway, I'm digressing. I've chosen Peacebone remixed by Pantha Du Prince aka Hendrik Weber who I know very little about beyond his album The Bliss, which was a bit hit and miss but on this remix he has taken the best out of the track and added a minimal groove that makes it one of the best tracks from the genre that I have heard in a long time. As per usual I'm advocating for you to play this loud.

Animal Collective - Peacebone - Pantha Du Prince remix

No comments: