Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chart

January is always really slow on the record front and this year has been no exception. I usually use this time of year to catch up on releases I never took for some or other reason from the previous year but last year I think I pretty much got everything that I wanted to and there wasn't too much I missed out on, obviously that's no including my eBay and Discogs wants list which is as long as my arm. I'm really digging the Radioslave remix of Slam, proper heads down groover. My Gloomy Head is the best disco, jazz and balearic record in a long, long time...don't sleep on it. Al has also outdone himself with what is a truly impressive album of disco goodness, no samples and a full orchestra to boot. Top stuff.


SINGLES

Gatto Fritto - Hungry Ghosts - Dissident
Smith & Mudd - Tanglewood - Claremont 56
Partial Arts - Telescope - Kompakt
Kabal und Liebe/Daniel Sanchez - Mumbling Yeah - Arearemote
Flying Lotus - Massage Situation - Warp
The Dynamics - Whole Lotta Love - Groove Attack
Francois K - Rhythm of Life - Deep Space
Slam - Azure - Radioslave remix - Soma
Wighnomy Brothers - My Gloomy Head - Freude Am Tanzen
Lexx - Axis Shift - Permanent Vacation

ALBUMS

Al Kent presents The Million Dollar Disco - Better Days - BBE
Bjorn Torske - Feil Knapp - Smalltown Sounds
Webster Lewis - The Club 7 Live Tapes - Plastic Strip

No comments: