Monday, July 21, 2008

René & Angela - I Love You More


I Love You More is a stone-cold classic and one that still gets people rushing up to the booth to ask what it is. Ian Pooley sampled it on the massive 900 Degrees that was the weapon of choice for many a deep house DJ in he 90s and more recently Low Motion Disco basically stole it hook, line and sinker on Love, Love, Love which is as blatant a rip-off as anything you're ever likely to hear but like all great records you can have imitators but inevitably it is the original that will be getting the most plays. In a year nobody will give a shit about the Low Motion Disco version but when those opening bars of the original come in there'll be hands in the air and smiles aplenty. A superb record that never fails to put me in a good mood.

René & Angela - I Love You More

2 comments:

Ash said...

You can add Regulate by Warren G to that list too. Classic.

Marc Kets said...

Remember when Regulate was on 5fm every hour on the hour for months back in the day? I can't listen to that track anymore, it makes me violent.