Monday, June 2, 2008

Lykke Li - Little Bit


Geoff B over at the excellent Pass The Feeling On blog put me onto this one and to be honest he had me at 'Swedish bird', which lets face it always gets my attention. Little Bit is as balearic as anything I've heard in a long time and if it comes out with a dub then you know that the whole Aficionado/Bears axis of joy will be killing it at the various haunts that they play at.

Lykke Li who real name is the tongue-twisting Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson is a Swedish chanteuse who grew up with artistic parents who apparently spent their winters in Nepal and India, as you do I suppose, and that is genuinely all that I know about her, so I'll add Piccadilly's blurb to make this look like I put in at least a bit of effort here, "There's more than a degree of inevitability to Lykke Li's debut single. Firstly, it's being released on Moshi Moshi Singles, a label which is rapidly earning a reputation for unearthing future hits (they've successfully launched the careers of Kate Nash, Late of The Pier, and Friendly Fires in the year or so since their inception.) But to get down to the artist and track in question, Lykke Li is an independently-minded artist who's been causing the A&R fraternity on both sides of the Atlantic to get all hot and bothered. Joining a few of the dots between Feist, Robyn, Peter Bjorn and John (she is in fact produced by Bjorn Yttling of the trio), and her own particular strain of otherworldliness, Lykke Li's "Little Bit", is a cute, quirky, breathy smash."

I really like this track, and she seems like an artist to keep an eye on in the future.

Lykke Li - Little Bit

No comments: