Friday, April 11, 2008

Kumomusic Muxtape


After taking part in the Last Rites Muxtape which you can listen to here, and being the type of guy who if you let put one track on I'll sneak on three, I thought I'd do one of my own, that and I'm really bored.

So here is my Muxtape. The only frustrating bit was being limited to 10mb per track and some of the tunes that I wanted to put on came in at 10.2mb etc. but I think it came out fairly well in the end for what it is.

TRACKLISTING

Milton Nascimento - Parra Lennon e McCartney
Marsha Hunt - (Oh No!) Not The Beast Day
The Heavy - Colleen
Sumeria - Why Must There Be An End
Lamont Dozier - Going Back To My Roots
The Blackbyrds - Mysterious Vibes
The Impressions - Inner City Blues
Ohmega Watts - The Platypus Strut
Nomo - Nu Tones
Fela Kuti - Everything Scatter
Quiet Village - Too High To Move
Latimore - Lets Straighten It Out

So there you have it, kicking off with some Brasilian funk onto some rawness both new and old then a spot of disco and taking it down to some consciousness and then onto some afrobeat and ending with a balearic masterpiece and a cracking bit of bluesy soul. Not too bad in all truth and pretty much indicative of the sort of stuff that I play(ed) out. I might even do a proper mix soon as I owe Chris Keyz another one, so if he still wants one I'll retreat to the record room and get it done. If you missed the last mix that I did with my great mate Paul which featured tracks by Quiet Village, Coyote, Sylvester, Rune Lindbaek, Mudd and a few others then download it here. It's been downloaded over 1500 times and has that late night sunrise kinda vibe that I like so much.

If any of you want the .mp3 of any of these then just let me know and I'll stick it up but seek out the vinyl, far more satisfying.

1 comment:

chris keys said...

no question - do it!!! please :)