Thursday, December 20, 2007

Today I got an e-mail from Adidas informing me about the 'sale to end all sales' and seeing as (1) it never takes much to get me to an Adidas store (2) do we really need a second reason? Anyway one thing that I found out on the way to the address that they gave me was that it was slap bang in the middle of an outlet mall.

Oh yes, we drove past a field of wind turbines.



I don't know if any of you have ever been to an outlet mall, but they're filled to the brim with all the shit that the stores can't sell through their high street stores. Everything is either XS or 3XL, so if you're tiny or morbidly obese then an outlet mall is your nirvana. Well after fighting my way into the store, I was pretty much disappointed with what was on offer until I saw a pair of ZXZ Oddities for $12. Twelve! I'm not even sure how many pairs of shoes I have now but none have cost me $12. I did a little dance on the way out.



Anyway afterwards the wife and I decided to go and try a place called Native Foods in Palm Springs. If someone had told me 7 years ago that I'd be looking forward to a meal in a vegan restaurant I'd have asked them for two of whatever they were taking. Anyway, times have changed and having a vegetarian wife has surely helped sway me to the rabbit side. Native Foods was started by Tanya Petrovna who wanted a place that is 'an organic vegan / vegetarian restaurant designed to meet the needs of today’s discriminating, health-conscious diners – vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.' If you looked at their menu you would have trouble believing that you're in a vegan restaurant with all the chicken wings, burgers etc. on offer. Obviously everything is made from soy but the taste and texture is superb even for a carnivore like myself.



For starters we had the 'free' the chicken wings.



Jeni had a chicken burger.



I had a Jamaican jerk burger.



They also gave us a frequent eater card that is going to get a lot of use out of the two of us. That's the wife looking none too impressed as we were driving around trying to find out what the point of Palm Springs is. It's just a fuck off big retirement home, isn't it? I'm kidding, kind of.



So try out Native Foods if you're ever in SoCal.

No comments: