Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Aloof - Never Get Out The Boat - The Gosh Mix


Here is a beauty that came out at the turn of the 90s and was a record that I played well into the turn of the century at which point it was put on the bottom shelf and we all know what happens then. I might even resurrect this one as it has to my ears stood the test of time and deserves a further play or two. The vocal sample comes from one of my favourite movies the epic Apocalypse Now as uttered by Captain Benjamin L. Willard played incredibly well by Martin Sheen. I had forgotten all about this record and it is something that I would've loved to have played on the radio in England just to see what the reaction would've been. For us in Cape Town this was as underground a record as it gets but I get the feeling that all and sundry in England would've known about this one, which kind of proves my point that every man and his dog older than 30 in blighty has large chunks of the 90s missing from their memories and to that I doff my cap.

The Aloof - Never Get Out The Boat - The Gosh Mix

No comments: