Monday, March 17, 2008

The Thrills x Sebastian Tellier


Today is St. Patrick's Day and I do have a slight affinity with the Irish what with my grandfather being from the Emerald Isle, so I thought I'd stick up a track by an Irish band with a little bit of help from the French. The Thrills are from Dublin and to be fair I'm not all that familiar with them bar a few a encounters with their music while shopping with my wife on one of Manchester's high street shops in 2006 but this remix by France's entry for the frankly comical Eurovision Song Contest and nu-balearic hero, Sebastian Tellier has really the hit the spot on this slow snow-covered Monday morning with its melancholic lyrics accentuated by its almost laconic strings arrangement which makes it stand out over all those other bands favored by students with On The Road in their back pockets who suffer from a slight lisp. Remember on March 17th everyone is Irish, so go out and raise a jar or two.

The Thrills - Not For All The Love In The World - Sebastian Tellier remix

No comments: