Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Errors - Salut! France!


This is the sort of record that I would generally sneak into the first hour of my radioshow when I would usually play records that were a little more left of the disco/house blueprint and this was easily one of the cuts that I loved to play. It was released on Rock Action Records home to bands like noise terrorists Mogwai and I'm not even sure how I found out about them, possibly my wife had something to do with it seeing as she is a fairly avid seeker of indie records - I'm sure she'll confirm later. Errors are a Glaswegian band whose atmospheric leftfield sound has been compared to the likes of Mogwai but they definitely have their own sound, one that traverses a glitchy, loop-driven groove that utilizes melody in an extremely fresh way. They also get extra points for calling their album How Clean Is Your Acid House?

Errors - Salut! France!

No comments: