Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moby - I Love To Move In Here (Holy Ghost! remix)


I just got sent this and I'm not even sure if it is out yet, but it probably is as I'm not that far ahead of the game, and it is one of the few nu-disco records that has caught my ears in recent weeks. The genre isn't really stale as much as it is dying on its arse. Too many producers making the same record over and over again with very little thought, ingenuity and dancefloor savvy. Dance music for people not far off their first hip replacement. The problem with the scene is that all the newer records get absolutely pissed on by the older records and you can't really progress when you're not even trying to look forward but anyway this remix is by one of the few bands that seem to be pushing on, New York's Holy Ghost! who are made up of two members who are/used to be in Automato fact fans.

Ever since Moby bastardized spiritual music and made it palatable for housewives the world over he has been going in a direction that can be described as, well, Moroder-esque with his new linear disco leanings. He's even taken to DJing in a club in New York that 'only holds' 400 people - to pop stars that is basically slumming it with the peons - and is obviously affected by what makes the über-trendy shake their rude things. I haven't heard anything off the new album so I won't pass judgement on it but this track is certainly worth your hard-earned and if this takes Moby back to the mental space he had when he was making records like Go then bring it on oh short vegan one. This one will sound great on a dancefloor - I'm looking at you here, Paul.

Moby - I Love To Move In Here (Holy Ghost! remix)

Right, I'm off to see Seun Kuti and Egypt 80.

No comments: