Friday, May 30, 2008

Clashing Egos - Aminjig Nebere (I Trusted You) - Joakim's Afrobot Mix


I've posted this one before but today when I was doing the hoovering, no really I swear I was, I was playing an old mix CD of mine from a while back to ease the pain of doing women's work (put the knives down girls, I'm kidding) and this record stood out a mile. Joakim is one of my favourite producers and he rarely disappoints and this is probably the best thing he has ever done, which is saying something. It isn't the most complicated of records, and the best ones usually aren't, but what it does do is groove and when you're playing house music or anything with a 4/4 beat all you really want is a solid groove and this track has it in abundance. This is one of those any time any place records and one that you should hunt down, especially as the Jean Winner remixes on the flip are pretty darn good in their own right. It might cost you a few sheets but it'll be worth each and every piece of hard-earned.

Clashing Egos - Aminjig Nebere (I Trusted You) - Joakim's Afrobot Mix

No comments: